Monday, October 18, 2004

Ivan Noble

Ivan's online diary on the BBC site is of particular interest to me now. He is the chap who was diagnosed with malignant brain tumour a bit over two years ago. Today he tackles the question of telling his child. He says he has not contemplated it before....I am a bit floored by this revelation. It was one of the first questions I asked the consultant. How and what do i tell my 5 year old? Robert's advice was not to say anything sinister but to keep him informed about the physical changes and that i would be undergoing treatment etc. Indeed when I asked P whether he thought I would look funny or not without hair he gave me an answer which was immediately uplifting and good for me. He said " No - you will look like Beckham!"

Read Ivan's diary here

Maybe he is just plugging Susanne Krejsa's book( it deals with telling children about cancer)? Only kidding...Its not a book I want on my reading list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home