Thursday, October 28, 2004

Important dates

In four months they will assess me. They will do a CT scan and some blood tests. At that point they will decide whether the chemo treatment will last for 6 months in total or 8 months. I suppose it will be a bummer if the latter is the case. My chances of a cure are between 50 and 65 percent roughly. I have not tried to understand the algorithm yet. Not sure the consultant who told me does. The treatment itself increases the tendency of other cancers but I will leave that for another day..... If I was at stage 3 then the higher percentage applies to me. However the bone marrow sampling - which tries to determine stage 4 involvement - was taken some weeks prior to starting chemo and so we are not sure what stage i was at. If after eight months, I am still not rid of the thing - they might try radiotherapy. I am not taking any bets but I really want this to be a six month thing. I am thinking of you blog readers too. You will be bored stiff by month six I guess and deleted the bookmark long before....An up and down day in Glasgow yesterday. Dad fell and badly gashed his heady. It could have been much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home