Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Lessons

So what did my 9 nights and days in hospital teach me? Yup - its an easy one that. Having cancer is not a joke. There is a unique feeling of powerlessness. No pen can describe it or at least certainly not mine. On the other side, it showed me that my wife can carry us all and effortlessly so - as always. Or atleast so it appears. Goodness knows the real toll on her. And it showed me that my kid is simply irrepressible whatever the environment - whether the filthy CCU at the Holy family in Dhaka or the high tech set up of Mount Elizabeth, Singapore or the victorian gloom of hospitals in Glasgow or indeed my little room in C10, Addenbrookes. He becomes the focus and things are transformed. There's always a new game or a new food or some other thing to be excited about and it becomes transforming. We get removed from sinister thoughts and we are carried along by his little ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home