Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Naughty me - hospital again?

I hit 38 degrees centigrade twice in the space of an hour at 1.20 am and at 2.20am. That is bad news of course.... I should have phoned in and admitted myself immediately, as it says I should in my DIY cancer manual. BUT at 2.22am I was 37.8 degrees! What was I to do? Being the coward that I am, I put the former reading ( 38) down to instrumental error! The thought of going into C10 Ward in the middle of the night and getting plugged with IV antibiotics was not that palatable. So I did my own quackery. I reckoned this temperature thing was on its way down....and so far I am right. I know its a bit risky because I stand the chance of deepening this infection ( which i think/hope is just a cold). I have promised myself that if I hit 38 again I will have to come clean and phone the hospital.

Funny all this. Yesterday morning I called clinical oncology to find out if we could travel to Paris by train. The sister's concern was exactly this temperature spiking . Nevertheless, she said she would talk to the boffins and she would get a letter written for me to take with me And then out of the blue and in the middle of the night I hit this temperature spike! Its made me realise how precarious this whole thing is. I have been overdoing it a bit - meeting friends, going on trips to restaurants and a trip to London on sunday...I had better calm down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home