Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Isolation

Really enjoyed reading Noreena Hertz's Silent Takeover. She is only down the road at the Judge Management Institute. I would love to attend one of her seminars - but there's the problem... One of the horrible things about this disease is its isolating effect. Remaining connected is incredibly tough. Meeting up with people - for a coffee or for lunch becomes fraught with difficulties and potentially dangerous. And entertaining is well-nigh impossible. G wrote to me a few weeks ago and asked when we could meet for a coffee. I almost cried. It stunned me how much things have changed that such a request should almost bring me to tears.

The trick now will be to end this isolation as soon as I finish chemo. We have so many things planned and its been such fun planning. Pavel has his extensive wish list, and I suspect we will not be able to stifle him....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home