Thursday, March 03, 2005

Disease as Art and Fluctuating Tumours

Tumours don't fluctuate in size. So whatever I am feeling it ain't a tumour. That is the good piece of news Dr B communicated to me today. I must be in a sci-fi film?

I was wondering whether I should do more shots like my Tracey Ermin inspired pillow shot (see entry for 12 Feb)? Not just the pillow but the whole bleedin' bed. I would reject charges of plagiarism. More postmodern appropriation I would tell my critics. Would there be a market for high res images (or even installations) of my sweaty bed-linnen? If Nicky Serota reads this blog ( I am a friend of the Tate M after all)....Or I could do a body parts thing like that nutty Von Hagens? I am not going to die quite yet and so I was thinking more along the lines of photographs of my bleomycin stained veins? Honestly, I am not being macabre or silly. Some Alzheimer's patients, it is known, become highly creative. Faced with various limitations, they find a sudden release in art....Ok i am labouring it a bit.

Apparently I have turned pale. I will go and lie down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home