Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Light headed and pretty nurses

Yes I came clean and called the doctor this morning. I went in to get blood tests done to see whether i am neutropenic or not. Nurse was C. A young and very personable nurse who always enquires after Pavel. And yup she almost made me lose consciousness. Not because of her charms - but because, i think, she was at it for ages and kept pushing the butterfly in. I started sweating and then felt lightheaded. It was quite a scene. This has never happened to me before. They quickly got two chairs to lie me down flat. They were very good and I found myself uttering "thank you" in the way that helpless people do....

Thankfully i was not neutropenic and came back home clutching a couple of awful tasting packets of antibiotics. A massive book case got installed today. Can't wait to get my books out of storage. Dying without them. Literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home