Monday, January 31, 2005

Twist of fate

A very large building is going up near the chemo unit. Its going to be a cancer research centre. 23 years ago, I started my postgraduate studies at the Cancer Research Campaign, Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics Group, Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science of Technology, LONDON, SW7 2AZ. I still remember the full address. Three years later I resigned my phd under a big cloud. Thats a story for another day. It changed my life. I am writing all this because I was smiling at how things have turned out: My supervisor is now a professor. One of my fellow graduate students is now a professor at Cambridge working on cancer. My wife works on mechanisms related to cancer. And I have cancer itself! You gotta laugh.

Had a raised temperature for a few hours last night. Hit 38 for about 2-3 hours. And now all fine. What is going on? I didn't ring C10. No way was I going to go in on a sunday night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home