Thursday, March 31, 2005

7th Cycle

Today is the scheduled chemo day. However as this is the start of the 7th cycle (or month), they need to heart scan me (next Monday) and CT scan me (next Wednesday). If the heart scan is ok and the CT is indicative of lingering tumours, I will get chemo on 7th April. One would have thought they would have taken care to do the scans in time for me to receive chemo today like the other patients...but no. My consultant’s excuse or should I say reasoning is that he wants to see the maximum impact of the last session and hence the extra week. Sounds a bit convenient as I wrote on March 19th. Well maybe I am a borderline case. Nevertheless I shall be writing him directly and asking him to confirm that there are no clinical implications of this delay. I am hoping for a CT scan which depicts full remission. If that is the case, they will PET scan me – this should tell us within certain confidence levels whether we have cooked the tumours or not. Those of you practising Reiki (ie you L) could you please kindly home in on the last remaining biggies of size 1cm and above? Ta much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home