Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Schiavo case and ...

The Terri Schiavo case in the States illustrates the importance of writing living wills. I guess I had better get one done. It also illustrates the hypocrisy of Republicans who cut Medicaid and then talk about “the culture of life.”

PR wrote last night re how the hospital noticed something on his wife’s kidney last December (in addition to her breast cancer) but failed to CT scan. They are doing it now – months later. My only advice would be to ensure that you complain. I know how easy it is to just think about the treatment – but its equally important to put this on record. I, too, just want to get better. I really don’t want to pick a fight with the chaps who delayed my treatment but on the other hand I have to…I would not be in this state were it not for their negligence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home