Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Slush

Paris has figured in some significant moments in my life - I came here with my first serious girlfriend. I was here during one of the biggest anti-nazi marches I have ever seen (1980 or 1981 during that period when synagogues were being firebombed). I was here for Dulcie September's funeral when the streets around Pere La Chaise were covered in the black, green and gold colours of the ANC and the red of the SACP and PCF.I was also here for the momentous World Cup final when France gubbed Brazil - an event that had significance not just for football but for the national question in France. I came here with Laura during our courting days - indeed twice in two months and once it was to attend a weird North Korean conference where she met Gerry Adams! She confessed to wondering about me at that point... And we are now here with Pavel during uncertain times for my family. And which trip of the many trips do you think I enjoyed most? Yes of course they are all vastly, wildly different BUT seeing Pavel enjoy Paris the way he did…..yup ok I had better stop before I get too slushy.

Got back yesterday. I suddenly realised I have not booked chemo for 7th April. Wishful thinking I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home