Saturday, March 05, 2005

Lunch and how eBay helped beat a brain tumour!

Had a good lunch today: squid, prawns, crabsticks, fish balls, udon noodles and lots of veg in soup. Amazing. No blotchy face. Not even tired. Goodness knows what is in store tomorrow.



Pavel and Laura had a bento box each. Yummy. I just hope my lunch stays down...

End of life care begun too late: Grim reading. i wonder how things are here in the UK. Link

And some good news: A 9-year-old boy who named his brain tumor Frank is now tumor-free. "Frank is now dead and gone and never to return," David Dingman-Grover said Tuesday (Feb 23). The tumor, named after Frankenstein, gained national attention when the boy's mother created "Frank Must Die" bumper stickers, which the family auctioned on eBay to help defray the costs of surgery. After a traditional procedure proved too risky, the tumor was removed through the child's nose using fiber-optic instruments. "I knew the Lord would guide me through this," said the boy. "I'm very happy. I just want to go home and live a normal life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home