Monday, April 04, 2005

Heart Scan and Delays

Heart Scan today. Again they shoved the butterfly around and again like the time before with nurse C, I started to lose consciousness. Last time I did feint. This time we stopped in time. Four nurses in all prodded around to find a vein. The hands yielded nothing. The arm was successful after several failed attempts. How will I receive chemo I asked myself… I have been drowsy all day because of the analgesic prescribed yesterday. I am pale and have a slightly raised temperature.

RM is going on holiday on Wednesday. He won’t be around to see the scan results. However he wants to be involved in the decision of the team and so he has postponed my chemo appointment for another week. Delay won’t affect anything adversely he told nurse G to tell me…. My treatment is now fitted around my consultant’s vacation timetable. My kidney stone situation is uncertain. Intervention is not really possible if chemo continues. Or is it?

The last few weeks have been great but now suddenly I seem to be in the middle of greater uncertainty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home