Friday, April 01, 2005

Bulthaup, Builders and Bollywood

I am feeling well. I am apparently looking well accordingly to all and sundry. That I harbour this disease seems unreal. I am not sure how I will feel if the scan next week indicates I should continue treatment. I suspect I am resigned to it. My immediate worry is a minor one – will they find veins in my hands for the four remaining treatments? I know that going to eight months is not as “good” as stopping at six. There are long term morbidity issues ( other cancers, heart or lung damage) arising out of ABVD treatment and the longer it goes on the more probable …I shan’t finish that sentence. Read here for a summary of treatment and prognosis.

After yesterday's post, I find I have two Reiki practitioners rooting for me. Get to it folks...(and someday kindly explain it all to sceptical old me).

Having this house to finish has helped shove all these problematic thoughts onto the back burner. When you have no drinking water in the house and the builders are not turning up you don’t worry about the possibility of contracting myelotic leukaemia in ten year’s time…. Rather one looks forward to one’s swank Bulthaup kitchen! ( You only live once, folks). Yesterday the furniture arrived displacing us from the entire ground floor. Last night we invaded M’s house together with my cousin. It was damn good to eat some home cooked food. And M's latest Bolly recommendation: Choker Bali (thats how you say it and mean's Intimate friend in Bangla) with Ashwairya Rai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home