Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hope and optimism

After weighing me, they called me from the blood room. I went in and said there is a possibility I might not be having chemo tomorrow. They looked at me askance but let me off…I saved my arm.

I waited an hour before RM saw me. He thinks I am out of it and in remission. He is “fairly to very confident” about it. In the old days, he told me, he would send me home and tell me to come back in three months. However as we have access to a Pet scan – that is the next step. If the scan is negative, my remission status will have been confirmed. This pet scan will happen in the next two weeks.

Folks, comrades, friends – I gave this blog address to a select few way back in October 2004. I hoped you would stay with me during these treatment months. It seems you have. So thank you. Thank you also for your emails, sms, prayers, good wishes, food, clothing, music, books etc. Next time I will get a list at John Lewis or Selfridges or something to make it easier for you …. I am happy to say that I am going to close this blog today. It is of course always possible that the Pet scan will be positive and I will have to continue treatment. I will write a note on this blog after the scan.

So our doors are open again... Come and visit. Lets get back to life. With love. SR

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way 2 go Shaf, this is good news. All the best, Monsieur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home