Saturday, April 09, 2005

Preliminary Feedback

Not such great news. Some tumours in the abdomen have remained the same size since the last scan in january. Will get an interpretation of this on wednesday. I guess - either these are scar tissue or they are tumours which are not responding to treatment.

How will i feel on wednesday if the latter is the case? Many years ago when i first travelled abroad without my parents I was wrongly turned away by the Spanish border police and told to get a visa in Morocco (I was carrying a Bangladesh passport hence the visa). Going back to a place on my own where the bleedin natives had robbed me of my possessions and fleeced me was not a great prospect. But i remember remarking to B+R that "it was getting sharp" and I was certainly up for it. I had exactly the same response to the confirmation of my cancer on sept 29 2004 after many months of operations and tests. It was sharp but i was up for it. I am not saying dark and frightening thoughts did not enter my head – of course they did both before and after the news. But that was my initial reaction to the confirmation of my cancer. I wonder how I will take it on wednesday.

Oh I musn’t forget to moan: I am breathless, drowsy, feverish, confined to bed and bleedin cheesed off. My wife and kid do not deserve this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home